Simon Cunich is an award-winning Australian documentary filmmaker and television producer. He has directed, shot and edited documentaries for the ABC and SBS, and his films have screened at festivals around the world. Simon is a graduate of the Australian Film Television and Radio School (AFTRS) and his awards include:
- BEST SOCIAL IMAPCT FILM, Shark Island Documentary Film Foundation (2011)
- BEST AUSTRALIAN SHORT, Antenna Documentary Film Festival (2015)
- AUDIENCE AWARD, Stronger Than Fiction Documentary Film Festival (2015)
- BEST FILM PRIZE, Canberra Critics' Circle (2015)
- BEST FILM & PEOPLE'S CHOICE, Scinema International Science Film Festival (2016)
- BEST AUSTRALIAN SHORT DOCUMENTARY, Dungog Film Festival (2016)
In 2016 Simon launched a service producing films for families, to celebrate and preserve the life stories of their elders. For all the information visit the Heirloom Films website.